The main topics will be :
- Measurement methods: diffraction methods, line profile analysis, magnetic methods, acoustic methods, photomechanical methods, mechanical and micromechanical methods…
- Modelling methods: at different scales (nano, micro, macroscales), multiscale modelling…
- Residual stresses in manufacturing processes: heat treatments, surface treatments (mechanical, thermochemical…), casting, additive technologies, machining, cutting, coating technologies, welding and other assembling methods…
- Residual stresses in advanced materials: polymer based composites, metal and/or ceramic composites, glass and amorphous materials, functionally graded materials, nanocrystallised/nanostructured materials, thin films, coatings, multilayers…
- Residual stresses, Internal stresses and microstructures: phase transformations, phase stresses, intergranular/intragranular stresses, dislocations…
- Consequences of residual stresses: fatigue, crack propagation, damage, chemical reactivity, stress corrosion, physical properties of solids…
A reception at Nancy City Hall on the famous Place Stanislas (UNESCO World Heritage Site) will be organized too.
The gala dinner on Tuesday evening will be located in an emblematic venue of Nancy.
International Scientific Board
S. Denis (France)
L. Edwards (Australia)
C. Genzel (Germany)
T. Niendorf (Germany)
C. Noyan (United States of America)
A. Payzant (United States of America))
R. Lin Peng (Sweden)
M.B. Prime (United States of America)
P. Scardi (Italy)
O. Thomas (France)
X-L Wang (China)
P. Withers (United Kingdom)
K. Xu (China)
Local Organizing Committee
S. Denis, Chairwoman (IJL)
G. Geandier, Co-chairman (IJL)
L. Barrallier (ENSAM)
S. Berveiller (ENSAM)
P. Boulet (IJL)
B. Chenal (SF2M)
M. François (UTT)
JL. Jacquot (SF2M)
F. Lefebvre (CETIM)
J.J. Maillard (RNM)
B. Malard (CIRIMAT)
D. Quantin (SF2M)
O. Thomas (IM2NP)
Space for exhibition booths is available. It is located in the same hall as for coffee breaks and conference posters sessions.
On the basis of a 6 m2 module, we will provide you electric power supply (1kW, 220 V AC), table, two chairs. Module reservation includes: participation to lunches and coffee breaks. Module reservation does not include: registration for the conference nor participation to gala dinner
Please contact the organizer for more detail.
© 2020 Julie Fort – Ville de Nancy
Visit the website of the exhibitors
Registration fees include:
For in person participants
- Reception at City Hall
- Attendance at all sessions (Monday to Wednesday)
- Coffee breaks (Monday to Wednesday, morning and afternoon)
- 3 lunches: Monday to Wednesday
- Gala dinner (Tuesday)
- Booklet of abstracts
For remote participants
- Remote attendance and chat at all sessions (Monday to Wednesday)
- Booklet of abstracts (pdf file)
- Poster pdf files and chat
For accompanying persons
- Reception at City Hall
- Gala dinner (Tuesday)
- Nancy City Pass
|Regular||700 €||550 €|
|SF2M, RNM or FEMS member*||650 €||500 €|
|Student on presentation |
of a valid student card
|350 €||300 €
|Accompanying person||90 €|
* Member of SF2M or member of an institution affiliated with the French RNM or member of a metallurgical society affiliated with FEMS; in the latter case, log you on the FEMS website as a member of a national society to get the advantage code.
Covid 19 restrictions
Covid-19 restrictions at the French border were eased on 12 February 2022 for fully vaccinated travellers.
The entry conditions to French territory are defined by the classification of departure countries.
More information on the dedicated page or the website of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs.
Access to Nancy
Nancy is at 95 minutes from Paris by TGV (bullet train) with 2 stations:
– Nancy downtown, 8 links per day from Gare de l’Est Paris downtown
– Lorraine TGV (35 km from downtown Nancy, bus shuttle available), 5 links per day from Roissy Airport.
The airport of «Lorraine Aeroport» is 40 km from downtown Nancy (bus shuttle available) and has national connections with Lyon (hub for connexion with European destinations), Marseille and Toulouse.
From Paris Roissy Airport 5 links per day to Lorraine TGV station (35 km from downtown Nancy, bus shuttle available).
By the road:
From Paris, Highway A4 (direction Reims, Strasbourg) then Highway A31 (direction Metz, Nancy), 380 km.
Constantly evolving, Nancy charms visitors with its diverse features.
Nancy is a stunning town, combining Renaissance, Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles. For a journey back in time, head to the Old Town where its remarkable sites, like the Lorraine Museum, will transport history buffs. Just near Place Stanislas, Pépinière Park stands like a green paradise. Nancy is an ideal destination for a gourmet city break or a shopping holiday, surprising visitors with its diverse cultural calendar, including the traditional Saint Nicholas festival.
© 2017 Julie Fort – Ville de Nancy
Place Stanislas, a remarkable jewel
Cobblestoned, pedestrian-only Place Stanislas is a perfect place for a stroll. Golden gates and fountains form a link between City Hall, the Grand Hôtel, the Nancy and Lorraine Opera House and the Fine Arts Museum. This architectural jewel was built in the 18th century by Emmanuel Héré at the request of Stanislaw Leszczynski, Duke of Lorraine. Connecting the Old and New Towns, the royal square is listed as a Unesco World Heritage site, together with Carrière and Alliance squares.
For your booking in Nancy, in partenreship with SF2M, DESTINATION NANCY-Convention Bureau offers a free booking for
- A wide range of hotels and tourist apartments in Nancy
- Negotiated prices and availabilities for participants to the 11th International Conference on Residual Stresses
- Option of cancelling your accommodation booking with no charge
We guarantee a high-quality service thanks to our multilingual team :
Link to the reservation platform
The Prouvé Congress Centre
The « Prouvé Convention Center », is first of all the successful refurbishing of a local flagship building. It once was the mail sorting center, built in the 1970’s by architects Jacques André and Claude Prouvé.
Located 95 mins away from Paris, it is a strong asset of the Grand Nancy Council’s attractivity. The « Université de Lorraine », the « Centre Hospitalier Régional Universitaire », the prestigious research laboratories, and the 3 cluster, position Nancy as a dynamic and attractive destination to host Conventions of innovative sectors that have characterized the territory for years.
Also, being 1min away from the train station, the « Prouvé Convention Center » offers walking access within 10 minutes to nearly 1500 rooms and touristic sites. This state of the art equipment has a 600m2 exhibition hall & a 2400 m2 hall that can hold up to 2400 seats, 2 auditoriums (850 and 300 seats), 13 meeting rooms equipped with instant translation cabins. And with a panoramic reception area allowing for up to 1200 dining guests and a 455 car parks underground public parking, it could be the ideal place for hosting your next event.