5 décembre 2022 -
6 décembre 2022 / London
OXI 2022, 3rd European Oxide Scale Conference
A conference addressing oxide scale formation, control & removal in high temperature metals processing & applications
Following the previous success of the OXI 2014 conference held in London, dealing with oxidation mechanisms, oxide scale behaviour and removal as well as characterisation and detection, OXI 2018 built on these foundation themes. Keeping to the four year interval, OXI 2022 will continue to build on these key topics. This one and a half day conference will specifically focus on improved means of targeting and controlling the oxide scale and metallic substrate interface. The key aim is to optimise overall oxidation in order to improve thermo-mechanical processing (heat transfer, friction, descaling), product surface state (reduced surface defect) and in service surface properties for a range of metallic ferrous and non ferrous materials.
The event will answer the following questions:
- What is the best strategy for a metals producer for reducing and managing oxidation in terms of product, processes and manufacturing efficiency, also in light of decarborisation and green steel strategies?
- What is the current status in terms of oxidation removal processes for instance in steel plant related processes?
- How could the use of coating or any additional processes be applied and improved to suit a range of processing and in-service conditions, materials and duty?
- What is the current status in terms of in-line and offline instrumentation and characterisation techniques?
- How modelling through the length scale can contribute to further understanding of oxidation processes?
- What are the basic principles and future challenges in oxidation mechanisms?
Site internet de l’évènement
Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (IoM3)
5 décembre 2022 -
6 décembre 2022
297 Euston Road, London
Date limite de soumission