Time-resolved in-situ study, by X-ray diffraction under synchrotron radiation, of structural evolutions in a high temperature oxidized zirconium alloy.
1-year postdoctoral fellowship
This postdoctoral fellow will perform two tasks:
1. Deepen the analyzes made following the experiments already carried out, to:
- -Determine the evolution of phase volume fraction (monoclinic zirconia / tetragonal zirconia)
as a function of time and temperature;
- -Analyze the internal stresses generated during the growth of the oxide;
- -Analyze the oxidized samples at different temperatures (measured at 900 ° C, 1000 ° and 1100
2. Prepare a new proposal for complementary experiments in 2020, just after the reopening of the
To carry out this project, we will work in collaboration with the two essential laboratories for this type of experiment: IRCER (University Limoges) and the laboratory PIMM (ENSAM Paris) and respectively René Guinebretière and Olivier Castelnau.