Research Engineer in Metallurgy – Packaging Products
Full time permanent contract
ArcelorMittal Maizières Research SAS
Personnes à contacter par le candidat
Olivier BEIGNEUX ; email@example.com -
Christophe CASTAN ; firstname.lastname@example.org -
Madhumanti MANDAL ; email@example.com
DATE DE DÉBUT SOUHAITÉ
DATE LIMITE DE CANDIDATURE
RÉFÉRENCE DE L’ANNONCE
ArcelorMittal is the world’s largest steel producer. We use the most innovative technology to create the steels tomorrow’s world will be made of. Every day over 190,000 of our talented people, located in over 60 countries, push the boundaries of digitalization and use advanced technology to create a world that is stronger, faster and smarter. To help make this possible, they know they can depend on the support and training that a company of our scope and scale can provide.
Maizières Packaging Products centre aims at developing products (new steel grades and coatings) and associated processes (formability, in-use properties including can durability) to promote a competitive offer for ArcelorMittal in the packaging market worldwide. Packaging portfolio is divided into 7 R&D programs covering the development of new products (steel & coatings) and new generic steel solutions, developments in breakthrough and customer and plant support. R&D Packaging team is made up of over 30 members involved in nearly 60 different projects gathering multi-disciplinary R&D teams (specialists in metallurgy, coatings, forming, corrosion resistance, …)
Maizières Products centre is seeking a research engineer in metallurgy within the R&D research group dedicated to the Packaging market.
This position will offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment with people working on forming, coatings, corrosion and metallurgy and will provide you a wide autonomy for technical actions in any domain with the different project stakeholders (pilot plant, development and commercial team, …). Cooperative work with other ArcelorMittal R&D community or external partners is required.
You will be expected to :
- Contribute to the renewal of steel offering for the packaging market through the development of new steels for packaging (higher strength and thinner steels) and prepare the future generation of steels for packaging..
- Provide our plants with a technical support to optimize the existing metallurgical routes.
- Develop or adapt the existing metallurgical models for the prediction of mechanical properties.
- Develop tight technical relationships and synergies with all the European and Canadian plants involved within the Packaging market.
- You hold a Master’s degree in metallurgy engineering or a PhD degree in a field related to the metallurgy. Experience in a similar position would be an asset.
- Fluent (speaking and writing) in French and English are required. Spanish would be an asset.
- You are able to analyze a complex process to integrate external knowledge and to implement practical solutions.
- You are able to propose new ideas and to develop them.
- According to ArcelorMittal Global R&D values:
- You agree to comply with health and safety rules
- You are respectful, transparent, honest and empathetic in your relationships. You honor your word and your commitments to others
- You agree to behave consistently with the highest level of integrity
- You strive to question your practices. with high expectations of yourself and others, You strive for a high level of quality and reliability in everything You do.
- You recognize that diversity, varied skills and fresh ideas make a group exponentially better in the pursuit of a common goal
- You know that learning changes minds and lives, so You are committed to learning throughout your professional career and continually achieving the skills required and essential to your success
- You are open to ideas that challenge conventions and stimulate innovation
Join us and you will see that your work will help create renewable energy, impact major industries and boost economies. At ArcelorMittal, we’ll help you create your world.
Attractive remuneration with stimulating career prospects in which eminent scientists and engineers evolve in a multicultural environment