Optimization of fan leading edge manufacturing process
CEMEF, 06904 Sophia Antipolis
The global project aims at improving the predictive capability of existing finite elements models in order to optimize the manufacturing process of fan blade leading edge for new-generation turbomachines.
Simulation of forming processes is a challenging task due to the large plastic strain locally undergone by the material. Numerical models must be robust and accurate in order to make realistic mechanical predictions. The non linearity of the process, which involves non-linear mechanical behavior and contact, requires the use of advanced remeshing techniques. The simulations will be carried out using the finite element Software Forge® that is developed at CEMEF.
To reach this end, the following steps are required:
- Accurate representation of the kinematic of the different tools used in the different forming passes.
- Manual mesh refinement strategy.
- Validation of predicted geometries.
- Automation of mesh adaption strategy.
- Optimization of the manufaturing forming stages.